But I Can’t Afford to Tithe

Some people say, “I can’t afford to tithe.” The truth is—they cannot afford to withhold the tithe. A tithe is money set apart for God. If we don’t give it to God, the devourer will consume it. Let’s read again what God says in His Word about rebuking the devourer when we give tithes and offerings into His storehouse. It is found in Malichi 3:10-11.

Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit,” says the Lord Almighty. 

The Lord has promised us that if we obey Him and bring all of our tithes into the storehouse, He will open the windows of heaven, pour out a blessing on us, and “rebuke the devourer.” Many people are struggling financially because the devil has been robbing and devouring them. The enemy has not been rebuked by the Lord, because they are not paying tithes into the storehouse.

The word devour in the original Hebrew text means to eat, burn up or consume. During the days of Malachi, God’s people were experiencing famine, scarcity, unseasonable weather, and insects that ate up the fruits of the earth. According to the above scripture, the enemy will devour our blessings when we choose to not obey God’s principles.

Larry Kreider says, “I’ve known some people who have said when they initially began to tithe, the enemy attacked them, and they found themselves worse off financially than ever before. The enemy may test us when we obey the Word of God. When Jesus was baptized, the heavens opened, and the Lord said, “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.” During the next forty days of His life, Jesus was tested by the enemy. Tests will always come; however, if we hold on, we will receive the financial blessing that comes from obedience. God’s promises always prove to be true!”

If we give God his 10%, the remaining 90% seems to be multiplied.

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s